
Doyusha makes a nice little C-47/DC-3 Dakota in 1/100 scale. I wanted one for my Rhodesian Light Infantry. I accidentally bought 2 of them. I was thinking of returning it when I bumped across a YouTube video of "The Wild Geese at the Airport." I'd forgotten the get away airplane was a Dakota. So here it is, the DC-3 that is only 3 miles away with only an abandoned village between you and it. Can you get your 30 men to safety? I cut the rear door open and added an internal deck. I simply had to have a visible doorway for the troops to run to.
I'll be painting up those 30 men from some new Peter Pig purchases. It will be a wonderfully eclectic group. They are armed with SLR's, GPMG, Bren, Sten, and Uzi's (plus a Browning Machine Gun!) I'll buy some WWII British Paras and some Regular troops from the AK47 range and do some head swaps so they all have Berets.
I think I already have enough African troops like those in the movie with Portugese style hats and camo.
So basically I'm just 30 miniatures away from running a Wild Geese Scenario!

0 Yorumlar