Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Two More From Huck

We have seen 18 images from GDB pal Huck Caton, who took a bunch of nice photos back in April of 1995. Today I'm sharing the final two pictures from this set - all good things must come to an end.

The Mark V-style Monorails were at Disneyland for over 20 years, and yet, to this day, I still twitch involuntarily when I see them. The "Lear jet" inspired design is so tied to Walt Disney World in my mind; I'm sure that there are many people who loved this look, but I never could warm to it. The choice of font for the "Disneyland Monorail System" is adorably dated... I am almost positive that I used the same font for a sign when I was just out of high school. Because I had no aesthetic taste.

Nevertheless, this is still a bright and sunshiny look at Tomorrowland when it still had the original Submarine Voyage, and those awesome Mark VII "Stingray" Autopia vehicles. 


It's fanny packs aplenty over near the Starcade! I feel like I have wasted my life, having never owned or worn a fanny pack. But it's not too late - there's hope for me yet. Check out those very 80's colors in the background - swirling teals and purples. It's funny, I had an art teacher who pointed out the overuse of purple in certain paintings, and to this day I have a bias against it, even though it is a perfectly good hue when used correctly.

Say, what's that white spiky thing in the distance? Why, it's Space Mountain! You don't see it very often on this blog. Did the Speed Ramps still operate in 1995? I remember being able to run up them one time (late at night), and I felt like the Bionic Man. Zooom!


Thanks to Huck Caton for generously sharing his personal photos!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar