Tower Progress and Other little Things....
I Hope you will Bear with me Dear Readers, if I ignore Daphne's Story this week and take you back to the Cloud Palace Tower! I am sure you remember that the Tower Bedroom was going to have a Lovely chandelier hanging from the magnificent ceiling... which I was going to try to illuminate from above. This can only be done if I decide to use those wonderful battery powered LED's. I think I am giving in and will do the necessary wiring because the effect is so beautiful! But meanwhile as you can see in the above picture, I decided on the shape for the paneling in the lower portion of the walls.
This "paneling" is made from painted cardboard....
but I wanted a more graceful shape than just plain vertical strips.
I painted the trim in the same silver paint that I used for the trim in the rest of the Palace.
Once the paneling was compete I could experiment with the lighting....
Here you see it with just the LED shining from the very top of the Dome....
I think it gives a lovely overall radiance.
So then I have to try and hang the chandelier
and still have the light shining down from above...
and hope it shines on the chandelier in such a way as to make it glow....
I think it works well enough!
Even though I cannot attach it yet,
as the tower still needs too much "construction"
I think it gives the atmosphere I am hoping for!
(And I thought I was getting away with No wiring on this project!)
Here you can see the whole Palace as it stands so far....
(with the stairs started up to the next level....!)
And all the Bears are happily enjoying a Sunny Sunday morning....
Yes, Brother Beorn is still telling Tall tales to the crystal Butterflies!
They are giggling hysterically....!
Blue and Sir Orion have eyes only for each other.....
(They are a Match made in Heaven...!)
And I recently bought this beautiful blue pitcher....
that matches Perfectly the Blue of the Blocks Birgit sent....
that spell out "Dream"....
(Gee, Is it any wonder why she chose that word...!)
I do Love that morning light!
And while we leave the Bears to their Dreams and we get back to work here....
I also have added several small details to the bathroom in Rose Thorn Cottage!
For starters, I made the water tank for the toilet, and the pipe too....
just very old fashioned and rustic.... with a pull chain....
And I very carefully stitched the hems on the bathroom curtain....
and added the lace trim.... which is a tiny bit short.....
but we can pretend, since it will not be visible,
that it simply got worn and ragged at that corner......
And I also stitched it with a "string" through the top to hang it......
(made from the string on a teabag....)
tied to nails at each end.....
I had to measure very carefully, so it would hang just right....
and would look very rustic and patched together....
I pre-drilled the holes and pushed the brass nails in with a spot of glue.
I think I will leave the ends of the string.... maybe a little shorter....
I also made some tiny jars for the shelf in the corner....
all with the theme of "roses"....
I glued them in place before attaching the shelf......
But the truly wonderful detail I added has to be the faucets for the tub!
Here you can see the parts made of sculpey and wire....
And here you can see them put together.... and painted......
And here below you can see the tub in place in the tiny bathroom.....
Without the wall in place....
the wall that would hide that end of the tub and make the faucets impossible to see...
Like this!
Hmmmmm.....
I have been picturing the tub from this angle from the beginning....
but maybe I should try it the other way around...?
I had to invite Joanna in to see how the bathroom would work with this layout....
and I shined a bright light into the corners to help me see....
And tried it with the wall in place.....
to see what we would see....
And closer.... with the light shining in the window....
How can we hide those wonderful faucets?
I think I am seeing the light, Dear Readers,
In the Tower and in Other little Things!

0 Yorumlar