.
.
.
Dreaming of Venice
il sogno
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
Happy Bloggie Birthday To Me
Being Ruby: Being One
.
.
Last week.. very quietly and without fanfare 'Being Ruby' turned one!!!
.
Being Easter Sunday and struggling with some aches and pains, I decided to let the celebration slide till I found my mojo again.. Inspiration was sorely lacking... I'd been trying all week to think of something to post for my one year anniversary. Well today Ethel paid a visit. Ethel the mermaid. My mermaid and I think the muse of Being Ruby. She brought with her inspiration and memories of my visits to Venice. So to celebrate my blogging birthday, I created these 'Postcards of Venice'. Little dreams of life in the dreamiest place on earth. As Venice and the sea are my favourites topics, I may have more for you later in the week ... OH!! and Ethel finally agreed to a portrait...
.
.
Here she is .. in all her glory....
.
.

.
.
.
The Gifts of Blogging
.
.
Funnily, I started this blog just to show someone else it was easy to do.. but since then it has become a vehicle for me to find and share my passions .. Long ignored passions such as art, travel and photography. I've also found new interests and unexpectedly my voice in the written word.. But most importantly it has brought me friendships ... from all over the globe. Friends that have supported me through my long working hours, cheered me on with my attempts at photography and art. Friends who see my potential even when I'm not looking myself. Some have become close personal email buddies.. Buddies that email even if I'm not blogging.. and keep me me sane through unexpected worries.... You really couldn't ask for more in your friendships, except perhaps that they lived at the end of your street to share a meal, a cappuccino or walk by the sea.... other than the physical distance, these are friends in the truest sense of the word... Who knew this would all come from simply starting a blog..
.
.
Ok.. some of you knew!!!
.
.
Other goodwill has come my way in the way of followers, blog mentions, awards and giveaway wins and gifts from new friends for no other reason than to share good fortune and friendship. I've even received thank you gifts where thanks were certainly not needed or expected... but those are often the sweetest of all.. the unexpected surprises that blogging brings... all capable of lifting your spirits....
.
.
So now I have rambled on in my usual fashion.. I think It's time for me to give a little back.... One Year of blogging and over 160 posts [although I seem to have slowed down in the 2nd half] has brought me much joy and a chance to express myself .... and you have all you graciously put up with all that Ruby expression!!! Sometimes full of angst during my long work hours.. sometimes.. joy .... quite often a bit of silliness, but no matter which mood was thrown your way ... it was always greeted with cheers, good humour, genuine care and moral support, provided by you all ... so to celebrate I'm going to have a little Giveaway.. to give back to all you lovelies... and say thank you to all my blogging friends new and old!! Come back soon and I will let you know the details... I'm pretty sure one of Cathy Penton's precious charms will be part of the fun... And If I can work myself up to it... one of my own creations professionally printed and ready to be framed...
.
.
Once again so sorry I've been missing in action and sadly missing all your lovely posts that brighten my day. I hope to be back to full strength soon.. I want to say a big Thank You to everyone who has been on this journey with me... It's been such a joy to read your comments and share in all the fun at your own blogs too.... A small community of like minded people who's aim is to express their passions, old and new, inspire and be inspired. It's been one helluva ride!!
.
.
... see you soon ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
IMAGE SOURCE: photography, text and artwork - [being ruby©]
Exceptions of course are Ethel's Head!!!! a little help from my friend Botticelli!!!
.
.

0 Yorumlar